M.V.A.D Explores: Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
M.V.A.D's returned from Punta Cana, Dominican Republic refreshed and relaxed with plenty of rum in our system! We witnessed our dear friends Julian & Val's wedding while dodging a little rain and coming together for our first huddle wedding under the gazabo! We went on a catamaran, lounged by the pool, induldged in a massage at the spa, ate enough all-inclusive food to last us the rest of the year (time to get back on our road bikes....ooof) and scuba dived with some baby stingrays & a seahorse!
- Tip! Even if your resort is all-inclusive.
- Research excursions, we experienced one that ended up being disappointing (lets just say the 'blue' lagoon swimming hole was blue because of blue lightbulbs ;) and two that were excellent! Catamaran & scuba diving!
- Wifi was spotty and slow so be prepared to be disconnected and present.
- Mama Juana, google it, know it and drink it.
- Negotiating is normal, one person told us a necklace was $100, the next vendor told us the same necklace was $20 :)
- Booking transportation is a THING. Make sure your ride to the airport is called hours in advance.
- Find your Jerry. Jerry was great! He made sure our boat ride to Catalina Island to dive was excellent and that we always had a full beer in our hand. I miss Jerry.
- DR is on island time, by the time you call for room service, ie. ice, your bottle of rum will be gone.