Learn how to paint a magical galaxy using watercolors with Ana Victoria! She will guide you through transparencies, layering, pulse and precision while experimenting with salt, bleach and different household supplies to achieve spontaneous results. Remember, watercolor dries in mysterious ways.
Great for beginners and experienced artists as well!
Student must bring:
- Watercolor paper pad: recommended size 9” x 12” http://www.dickblick.com/products/winsor-and-newton-cotman-watercolor-pads/
- Watercolor paints: Pan sets or tubes are both great. Cotman, Winsor & Newton, Sennelier and Schmincke are GREAT brands.
- Different sized round brushes: Size 0, 1 and 8 are recommended
- Palette: this can be a ceramic/plastic bowl, or you can use the back of your pan set as well
Teacher will provide:
- Assortment of specialized paints to experiment with
- India ink
- White acrylic paint
- Household supplies for experimental textures (salt, bleach, etc.)
- Visual material
Ana Victoria Calderon is a Mexico City based artist. She was raised in tropical Cancun surrounded by nature, which heavily inspired her style. Her main subjects are florals, foliage, space, lettering, earth, symbolism, and a few spiritual pieces here and there. The artist enjoys working with watercolor, ink and acrylics on paper. You can find Ana in her studio, painting, managing her online sales, licensing her work to amazing companies such as Papyrus, Hallmark and Trader Joe's and collaborating with Dr. Bronner's, Vanity Fair and Elle magazine. Ana also teaches workshops around the world and has over 10,000 students online.